Standards of Conduct
Life Clinic staff is authorized to enforce these standards of conduct on Life Clinic property. People who willfully violate these rules are subject to exclusion. Egregious violations may result in immediate exclusion or in a longer exclusion than indicated in these guidelines.
Any persons who violate rules 1 – 5 while on Life Clinic premises will be immediately excluded from Life Clinic without warning. The offender shall be excluded from the premises and lose all privileges for a period of up to three years. The incident will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
1. Committing or attempting to commit any activity that violates any Constitutional federal, state, or local criminal statute or ordinance.
2. Directing a specific threat of physical harm against an individual, group of individuals, or property.
3. Engaging in sexual conduct or lewd behavior.
4. Possessing, selling, distributing, consuming, or being under the influence of any controlled substance or alcohol.
5. Stealing, damaging, defacing, or destroying Life Clinic property.
Any person who violates rules 6 – 19 while on Life Clinic premises will be asked to leave for the day. Subsequent offenses will result in that person’s immediate ejection and exclusion from Life Clinic premises for a period of up to one year.
6. Engaging in conduct that disrupts or interferes with the normal operation of Life Clinic, disturbs Life Clinic staff or clients, including but not limited to, conduct that creates unreasonable noise or consists of loud or boisterous physical behavior or talking.
7. Using foul, abusive, or threatening language or gestures.
8. Using Life Clinic materials, equipment, furniture, fixtures, or building in a manner inconsistent with customary use.
9. Disregarding the reasonable direction of a Life Clinic staff member.
10. Soliciting, petitioning, or distributing written materials or canvassing for political, charitable, monetary, or religious purposes inside Life Clinic or on Life Clinic property.
11. Leaving personal belongings unattended. Life Clinic personnel may inspect and/or remove personal items left unattended on Life Clinic property in order to preserve a safe environment.
12. Any interference with the free passage of Life Clinic staff or clients on Life Clinic premises, including, but not limited to, placing objects such as bicycles, skateboards, backpacks, or other items in a manner that interferes with free passage or negatively affects the orderly atmosphere of Life Clinic.
13. Bringing prohibited items into Life Clinic, including, but not limited to, bicycles, shopping carts, or similar devices.
14. Operating roller skates, skateboards, or similar devices on Life Clinic premises.
15. Smoking or other tobacco use, including, but not limited to, using electronic cigarettes or cigarette rolling.
16. Consuming food or drink in Life Clinic that creates a nuisance or disrupts Life Clinic use because of odor, garbage, or spills. Non-alcoholic beverages in covered containers and small amounts of snack foods are allowed in areas away from computers, modality machines such as the BCX and other Life Clinic equipment.
17. Bringing non-service animals or animals not for the express intention of Life Clinic attention, into Life Clinic building. Similarly, leaving animals unattended outside Life Clinic in a way that impedes others’ access to Life Clinic.
18. Violating the Life Clinic’s online and internet access policy, including, but not limited to, displaying or disseminating visual images containing pornography, obscenity, graphic violence, or other images harmful to minors and inappropriate in a public setting.
19. Unpermitted use of Life Clinic restrooms, including, but not limited to, bathing, shaving, washing hair, and changing clothes.
Any person who violates rules 20 – 25 while on Life Clinic premises may be asked to leave for the day. Subsequent offenses by that person will result in that person’s immediate ejection and exclusion from Life Clinic premises for a period of up to six months.
20. Unpermitted extended sleeping or lying down on Life Clinic premises.
21. Using electronic equipment at a volume that disturbs others.
22. Using a cell phone to make or receive phone calls while in the upper floor Reading Room at a volume that disturbs others.
23. Taking Reading Room materials into restrooms.
24. Leaving children under the age of twelve unattended.
25. Neglecting to provide proper supervision for children in your care.
Any person who violates rules 26 – 29 while on Life Clinic premises will be excluded from the premises until the problem is corrected.
26. Entering Life Clinic building with bare feet or a bare chest.
27. Having offensive body odor that can be detected by a reasonable person from six feet away or personal hygiene that unreasonably interferes with other clients’ ability to use or enjoy Life Clinic.
28. Having unshielded active health symptoms such as a cough linked with a potentially contagious disease or uncontained weeping/shedding wound.
29. Unpermitted filming, roaming around or loitering in or on Life Clinic property.